LiveSafe, is a mobile safety app for the University of North Texas at Dallas, that allows for more efficient exchanges of information between members of the community and the police department. Risk is everywhere, but so are invested employees, students, and members of the community — people determined to take safety back, and keep the communities that they care about safe
LiveSafe allows students, faculty, staff and visitors to:
- Request help in an emergency- Quickly access emergency numbers. Safety officials can leverage location-data in an emergency, allowing for faster response times.
- Share information — Users can submit reports of suspicious activity, in-person or online harassment, or an on-campus disturbance with pictures, video, or audio attachments. You can even share all this information anonymously.
- Have peace-of-mind with SafeWalk — Individuals are able to invite others to “virtually escort” and monitor their location on a real-time map.
- Access resources — Have fast access to campus resources such as phone numbers and emergency procedures.
- Know what’s around you- Use the Safety Map to see where you are in relation to campus buildings, safe places, and other information.
- Download the “LiveSafe” app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Create a user profile to log in.
- Select “University of North Texas at Dallas” as your school.